Feb 16, 2012
Author: MIke P
Company: Sitka, Head Office –Victoria, BC Position: Fit Technician
Sitka was born from the west coast of Canada where the mighty Sitka Spruce calls home. Like the Sitka Spruce gravitates to the ocean and flourishes, so too does the Sitka Brand. We are a brand of like-‐minded individuals that are inspired by the ocean and its surrounding environment. Sitka collaborates with artists, surfers, skaters and all those that share the same passions to produce an active lifestyle brand that is true to our roots.
For more info on Sitka visit our website: www.sitka.ca
Sitka is looking for a qualified individual to join to join our team as a Fit Technician. This position will require you to work closely with the Design and Development team to control products through production ensuring construction, fit, quality standards, manufacturing capabilities and costs are met in accordance with Sitka’s strategy and goals. The role requires the production of technical design specifications and graded production charts. The Fit Technician must ensure that all colour, fabric and trim components used are approved and meet costing goals. The Fit Technician must also ensure the critical path and timeline is updated with accuracy and consistency, and communicated to external partners.
Please note that this job is only open to those who meet qualifications.
• Update size specification sheets with accuracy
• Ensure technical drawings are complete and accurate
• Provide timely, clear and thorough fit comments on prototypes,salesperson samples and PP samples
• Create and revise garment size specifications for use at production factories, liaison office and internally
• Provide technical expertise to factory pattern makers and merchandisers during seasonal on-‐site development trips
• Facilitate problem solving and address issues in a timely manner
• Communicate with the Production Manager regarding the seasons timeline
• Work with Design and Production Manager to ensure that all seasonal components and color codes are determined and assigned on a timely basis
• Work closely with other product and design team members (Sourcing, development and design) to achieve
• Work with Graphics Designer and Tech Designer to execute graphic development process for assigned styles seasonal goals of on-‐time delivery zero quality defects an profitability
• Ensure that the function helps to exceed stated production and quality performance goals
• Ensure that quality is a key focus throughout commercialization process, i.e., construction, component
• University degree or College diploma required, preferably in fashion or textiles
• Minimum of 2 years of apparel or textile industry experience
• Experience traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
• Strong knowledge of x-‐functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
• Strong understanding of various construction methods and general pattern making methods is a must
• Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office applications and Outlook a must, as well as excellent use of Illustrator)
• Knowledge of industry testing standards and reports
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong ability to communicate clearly and objectively
• Must have ability to multi-‐task effectively
• Knowledge of factory processes, equipment, techniques, etc.
• Knowledge of product creation process
Qualified applicants may send their CV and salary expectations to Leanne Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all interest in the position, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in a career with Sitka.
Closing date for applications: April 10, 2012.